Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Screencasting

ooThis week's project was more fun than I anticipated - and easier as well. My screencast shows use of an app for my computer that creates music with use of a grid and the four elements: earth, wind, water, and fire. It is simple to use and provides a great experience for my students. In addition to just having fun using the computer and engaging in a successful and productive activity, students practice attention, patience, listening, and executive function when participating in this task. I could use this screencast to assess a student's ability to follow directions or to provide a short activity for the classroom if I was unavailable.

Enjoy!

Side note: I redid my original screencast. The first one was very large and I couldn't upload it. What you have here is the shortened version. I would provide a short example for the student  before having them create their own. I also would record the projects so each student could listen to their own a well as their classmates' and talk about the differences in each. We also could discuss what sounds they enjoyed the most and why.
Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

No comments:

Post a Comment